Genee World Privacy Statement
The following principles apply to the personally identifying information we ask for and that you provide. "Personally identifying information" is information that individually identifies you, such as your name, physical address or email address.
Using your personal information
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
- We restrict access to your personally identifying information to employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
(a) administer the website;
(b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
(c) enable your use of the services available on the website;
(d) send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
(e) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
(f) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
(g) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
(h) send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
(i) provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
(j) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Updating your information
We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personally identifying information for many of our services. To change your online partner account personal information please call us on +44 (0)1902 390878 where one of our partner account managers will be happy to update any of your details.
Cookies and Sessions
When you visit our website, we may send you a cookie. A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer or device.
In order for our website to work properly your computer needs to accept a number of cookies, without them some fundamental parts of our website, including the partner login won't work.
1. Essential Cookies
These cookies are essential for the running of our websites. Without the use of these cookies parts of our websites would not function. For example the login cookies allow you to access the partners only area of the website. Our partner login uses “session” cookies which will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
2. Analytical Performance Cookies
Our cookies don't store anything personal such as address, credit or debit card details, they just hold information relating to your visit to the site, for example, when you add a product to the shopping basket. If you'd still rather restrict cookies you can manage your settings in most browsers - see below for details.
To check cookies are enabled on a PC or change settings...
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- On the menu bar at the top of your browser window, click 'Tools', select 'Internet Options', then click on the privacy tab.
- Set the privacy level to 'Medium or Below', this will enable cookies in your browser.
- To turn cookies off - set privacy level to above medium.
- At the top of your browser window click on 'Tools', then select 'Options'
- Select 'Under the Hood' tab, locate the 'Privacy' section, choose the 'Content Settings' button
- Then choose 'Allow local data to be set'
- At the top of your browser window click on 'Tools' and select Options
- Choose the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies, then choose 'allow sites to set cookies'
Check your cookies are enabled on a Mac or change setting...
- At the top of your browser window click on the cog icon, select 'Preferences'
- Click 'Security', check the option for 'Block third-party and advertising cookies
- Click 'Save'
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX
- At the top of your browser click 'Explorer', then select 'Preferences'
- Scroll down to 'Cookies' - this is under receiving files
- Select the 'Never Ask' option
Safari on OSX
- At the top of your browser window click on Safari then select 'Preferences'
- Click 'Security' then 'Accept Cookies'
- Select 'Only from site you navigate to'
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
- At the top of your browser click 'Mozilla' or 'Netscape' then select 'Preferences'
- Scroll down to 'Privacy & Security' where you should see cookies
- Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'
- At the top of your browser window click 'Menu' and select 'Settings'
- Choose 'Preferences' and select the 'Advanced' tab
- Select 'Accept Cookies'
For all other browsers please see the browser's documentation or online help files.
We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
(e) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Changes to this Policy
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
Provision of such information will be subject to:
(a) the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00); and
(b) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us any time at: